Director Cardiovascular Interventions Unit
University of Verona, IT
Medical degree obtained in 1986, at the National University of Cordoba, Argentina.
Fellow in Internal Medicine in 1987-88.
Board in Cardiology obtained at the University of Torino, Italy in 1992.
Training stages in interventional cardiology at the University of Paris VII, Henry Mondor Hospital in 1994, Stanford University, Stanford, CA in 1995 and Mount Sinai Medical School, New York in 1996.
Research Fellow of the ESC in 1997-98 at the OLVZ Cardiovascular Centre in Aalst, Belgium.
Assistant Professor of Cardiology and Director of the Catheterization Laboratory of the University.
The Cardiovascular Interventional Unit of Verona performs coronary and peripheral interventions (over 2000 diagnostic and 800 interventional cases per year of which approximately 100 TAVI), with a 24 hours emergency service for the City area of Verona (500.000 habitants). It is the Provincial referring centre for primary angioplasty, paediatric invasive cardiology, and structural cardiology. Is the Regional referring centre for renal denervation, and is a training centre for visitor cardiologists interested in IVUS, FFR, rotational atherectomy, TAVI, mitral, and peripheral interventions.
- Coordinator of the School of Cardiology and Post-Graduate Fellowship of the same University.
- Director of the PhD School of Life and Health Sciences of the University of Verona.
- Faculty member of the TCT since 2006
- Scientific Faculty of Russia TCT since 2003
- Member of the Scientific Abstracts Committee of the Euro-PCR since 2010.
- Member of the Editorial Board of the European Heart Journal since 2010.
- Member of the European Rotablator Club, the European Bifurcation Club and the European Expert group on Impella circulatory assistance.
Reviewer of several scientific journals among which Circulation, Journal of the American College of Cardiology, European Heart Journal, Atherosclerosis Thrombosis and Vascular Biology, Heart, Clinical Chemistry, The American Journal of Cardiology, Eurointervention, American Journal of Medicine, and The Lancet.
Coordinator, Principal Investigator or member of the steering committees of several clinical trials.
Author of over 180 full publications on clinical and basic cardiovascular research in peer reviewed scientific journals available on PubMed.