TCT 22 - Dr Mohamed Alkhouli (Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, FL, US) joins us to outline the findings from the TVT Registry, a benchmarking tool created to monitor the real-world outcomes of transcatheter mitral valve repair. In this prospective observational study, 4000 patients with mitral valve regurgitation were observed after implantation with the mitraclip device to evaluate the safety and efficacy of this new procedure.
1. What was the rationale behind the TVT Registry?
2. What methods were used to collect data in this real-world study?
3. What was the study design and key results?
4. How can these findings impact practice?
5. What are your take-home messages?
6. What are the next steps?
Recorded remotely from Florida, 2022.
Interviewer: Jordan Rance
Videographer: Dan Brent