Learn more about of the top AHA 2021 late-breaking trials with View from the Thoraxcenter hosts, Professor Nicolas Van Mieghem and Dr Joost Daemen (Thoraxcentre, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, NL). In this short summary video, they summarise the take-home messages and share their take on how the data will shape patient care and research.
Trials covered in detail include:
• Aortic Valve Replacement versus Watchful Waiting in Asymptomatic Severe Aortic Stenosis: The Avatar Trial
• Quality of Life After Septal Myectomy in Obstructive Patients With Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy: The Spirit-Hcm Trial
• A Randomized Study of Early Versus Standard Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery Among Patients Presenting with Acute Coronary Syndromes Treated with Ticagrelor (RAPID CABG)
• Bentracimab (PB2452) in Ticagrelor-treated Patients With Uncontrolled Major or Life-Threatening Bleeding or Requiring Urgent Surgery or Invasive Procedure (REVERSE-IT)
• Percutaneous Coronary Intervention versus Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Surgery in Left Main Coronary Artery Disease