Complete Revascularization – The New Standard in STEMI Patients: What is the Role of Coronary Physiology Today?
This broadcast focuses on the importance of performing full revascularization (recognized as the new standard vs culprit in STEMI patients) and the benefits of this guided by physiology to maximise patient outcomes.
Dr Gabor Toth (Graz, Austria) will moderate peers Dr Pieter Smits (Rotterdam, Netherlands) and Dr Zsolt Piroth (Budapest, Hungary) in a session based on clinical cases showing the range of criteria to decide the best interventional strategy, whilst presenting how the technological features of the OptoWire III pressure guidewire can help operators during a PCI in STEMI patients.
This event will be interactive, with live polling on key questions, and a Q&A for faculty to share their experience and provide expert insight to live audience questions.
Pieter C Smits
Gábor G Tóth
This webinar is supported by:
Introduction – Dr Gabor Toth
Case Presentation I – Dr Zsolt Piroth
Case Presentation II – Dr Pieter Smits
Discussion – All. Based on personal experience and hospital- and country-based situations
Summary and Conclusion – Dr Gabor Toth
- Learn about the latest evidence in physiology-guided PCI in patients with acute MI and how this assessment can be implemented in daily practice according to the IIa recommendations in the ESC guidelines
- Acknowledge the benefits of physiology indications to treat these patients, and debate clinical cases
- Discover the advantages of the Opsens pressure guidewire technology to support the safe and reliable assessments of all the non-Infarct Related Arteries (n-IRA)
- Interventional Cardiologist doing more than 50 physiology-guided PCI per year
- Believers either in resting physiology (NHPR) and/or in hyperemic physiology (FFR)
- Interventional Cardiologists wishing to develop further their knowledge in this area.
Pieter C Smits
Dr Pieter C Smits is Director of the Interventional Cardiology Department of Maasstad Hospital Rotterdam and board member of the Dutch Heart Registration.
Dr Smits completed his medical training in Utrecht/Nieuwegein and joined the staff at the Cardiology Department of the University Hospital Utrecht. In 1999 he became an interventional cardiologist at the Thorax Center of the Erasmus Medical Center in Rotterdam.
Gábor G Tóth
Dr Gabor G Toth is an Interventional Cardiologist at the University Heart Centre Graz, Austria. He graduated from the University of Szeged, Hungary in 2007, and trained at the the Hungarian Institute of Cardiology, Budapest, and the Cardiovascular Research Centre Aalst, Belgium. His special interests include interventional cardiology and coronary physiology.