TCT 22 - Dr Deepak Bhatt (Brigham and Women's Hospital, US) joins us to discuss the findings of SYMPLICITY HTN-3 (NCT01418261), originally presented at TCT Conference 2022.
SYMPLICITY is a randomized, sham-controlled clinical trial studying the efficacy and safety of Symplicity Flex renal denervation catheter (Medtronic) for uncontrolled hypertension.
1. What was the rationale for this study?
2. What was the study design and key findings?
3. How do the findings of SYMPLICITY compare to other recent research into RDN in patients with hypertension?
4. Where will renal denervation fit into clinical practice?
5. Where are the knowledge gaps?
6. What are the next steps?
Recorded remotely from Boston, 2022.
Interviewer: Jordan Rance
Videographer: Oliver Miles